Archive for the ‘What’s New’ Category
One of this month’s most anticipated technology events will be held June 10 through June 14, at San Francisco’s Moscone West. This five-day conference will give developers the chance to learn about the future of iOS and OS X, participate in over 100 technical sessions presented by Apple engineers and hands-on labs designed to help developers integrate new technologies into their work.
“We look forward to gathering at WWDC 2013 with the incredible community of iOS and OS X developers,” said Philip Schiller, Apple’s senior vice president of Worldwide Marketing, in the company’s press release. “Our developers have had the most prolific and profitable year ever, and we’re excited to show them the latest advances in software technologies and developer tools to help them create innovative new apps. We can’t wait to get new versions of iOS and OS X into their hands at WWDC.”
Here are some of the most interesting activities included in this year’s WWDC programme:
- Over 100 technical sessions held by Apple engineers;
- More than 100 hands-on labs meant to provide developers with code-level assistance;
- A presentation of the latest innovations, features and capabilities of iOS and OS X;
- Engaging lunchtime sessions with top-rated experts from the worlds of technology, science and entertainment;
- Apple Design Awards for the best iPhone, iPad and Mac app developers.
In addition, participants will have the opportunity to connect with thousands of iOS and OS X developers from all over the world. More than 60 countries were represented at last year’s event.
As experts around the world are making efforts to bring out the best in technology and make all the good things science has to offer available to consumers, we here at Pure Pages are completely dedicated to offering voice and Internet solutions that hotels, restaurants and caffés can benefit from.
This latest smartphone brings a whole new platform, BlackBerry 10. Even for the most dexterous smartphone users, the new Z10 can turn out to be quite a challenge, as Blackberry 10 brings mobile technology to a new level. One that is quite sophisticated, as you’ll find out.
It will probably take you a while to figure out all the features that this new OS has to offer, so we decided to help you out with a few shortcuts. So here’s what the new Blackberry Z10 can do:
1. You can take a Screenshot by pressing the top and bottom volume buttons at the same time. Can’t find the images? Go to the Pictures app in the Camera roll.
2. When loading a video from your phone or from the web, it will play even after you’ve started a new application. You won’t see it, but you’ll still hear it and this might seem a bit odd. You can stop the video by tapping the button found between the volume control buttons. Pressing the volume buttons actually opens up a controller that lets you stop, forward or reverse the video.
3. If you need to start Adobe Flash, just go to Settings>Display and Actions in your browser.
4. Besides adjusting the loudness of the songs you’re playing, the volume buttons can be used to skip tracks as well. You can enable this feature by going to Settings>System Volume, where you need to turn on Music Shortcuts. After you’ve done this, just hold down the up or down volume buttons to skip songs.
5. The default search engine on the new Blackberry 10 is Bing, but the smartphone lets you switch to Google or Yahoo if you prefer these instead. Make a new search at the bottom of your browser, in the URL field. A drop-down menu will appear in the top right-hand corner, allowing you to choose a different search engine.
6. Turn on Time Shift to make sure you get the perfect picture, by selecting it from the Options button in the top right corner of the Camera. When you enable this feature, your camera will shoot a few frames before and after you click the shutter button.
7. The new Blackberry Protect service helps you locate your smartphone on a map. It also lets you send messages, sound an alarm or wipe it from the Protect BlackBerry website. Turn this feature on from the Settings menu.
Technology is evolving and the many mobile devices available to us today are making sure that digital sollutions become part of our day-to-day lives. This is why Pure Pages is dedicated to offering voice and Internet sollutions that hotels, restaurants and caffés can benefit from.