Archive for April, 2013
This latest smartphone brings a whole new platform, BlackBerry 10. Even for the most dexterous smartphone users, the new Z10 can turn out to be quite a challenge, as Blackberry 10 brings mobile technology to a new level. One that is quite sophisticated, as you’ll find out.
It will probably take you a while to figure out all the features that this new OS has to offer, so we decided to help you out with a few shortcuts. So here’s what the new Blackberry Z10 can do:
1. You can take a Screenshot by pressing the top and bottom volume buttons at the same time. Can’t find the images? Go to the Pictures app in the Camera roll.
2. When loading a video from your phone or from the web, it will play even after you’ve started a new application. You won’t see it, but you’ll still hear it and this might seem a bit odd. You can stop the video by tapping the button found between the volume control buttons. Pressing the volume buttons actually opens up a controller that lets you stop, forward or reverse the video.
3. If you need to start Adobe Flash, just go to Settings>Display and Actions in your browser.
4. Besides adjusting the loudness of the songs you’re playing, the volume buttons can be used to skip tracks as well. You can enable this feature by going to Settings>System Volume, where you need to turn on Music Shortcuts. After you’ve done this, just hold down the up or down volume buttons to skip songs.
5. The default search engine on the new Blackberry 10 is Bing, but the smartphone lets you switch to Google or Yahoo if you prefer these instead. Make a new search at the bottom of your browser, in the URL field. A drop-down menu will appear in the top right-hand corner, allowing you to choose a different search engine.
6. Turn on Time Shift to make sure you get the perfect picture, by selecting it from the Options button in the top right corner of the Camera. When you enable this feature, your camera will shoot a few frames before and after you click the shutter button.
7. The new Blackberry Protect service helps you locate your smartphone on a map. It also lets you send messages, sound an alarm or wipe it from the Protect BlackBerry website. Turn this feature on from the Settings menu.
Technology is evolving and the many mobile devices available to us today are making sure that digital sollutions become part of our day-to-day lives. This is why Pure Pages is dedicated to offering voice and Internet sollutions that hotels, restaurants and caffés can benefit from.
It appears that, as technology evolves, everything will be possible in the world of technology. The year 2013 will be very exciting for all those who are passionate and curious about the IT and gadgets, developers and consumers alike.
So which products are consumers most eager to get their hands on? Here’s a list of the most anticipated gadgets of the year 2013.
10. Sony Xperia Z
This exciting new waterproof phone, the Xperia Z, seems to be on everyone’s lips these days. It can “survive” for up to 30 minutes underwater, comes with a stunning display, an incredible 13 MP camera and $G connectivity.
9. 4K televisions
If you thought HDTV was the latest trend, you couldn’t be more wrong. HDTV will soon be forgotten as 4K televisions make their way onto store shelves. This new technology offers four times the resolution currently available on HDTV displays. Of course, 4K televisions will be very expensive, but if you can afford bigger and better, why not go for it?
8. Basis band
While most health monitors rely on a pedometer to give you the information you need, the new Basis band heart-rate monitor doesn’t need to be strapped to your chest. It is a lot more practical, it comes with an accelerometer and it can monitor sweat levels too.
7. Oculus Rift
This new virtual reality head-mounted display offers a 110° field of view and transports you in a full 3D environment. The Oculus Rift was developed by Oculus VR, a company who raised $2.4 million from a Kickstarter campaign, and it seems to be the device that will change the way people experience gaming.
6. The Nest
Two former Apple employees have created a “learning thermostat”. It is a gadget that warms up your room and it’s already available in the US. This interesting new gadget called The Nest connects with your smartphone using wireless technology and it allows you to control the heating system in your home at all times. It even learns your habits and creates a custom heating or air-conditioning program on its own.
5. Augmented reality glasses-Google project glasses
Google and Vuzix have joined forces to create a pair of futuristic specs for people who can’t stay away from the Internet. Vuzix is in fact a headset that uses Bluetooth to connect to your phone and projects a small imagein front of your eyes, showing your text messages, emails, map directions and so much more.
4. The Amazon phone
Amazon fans will be pleased to know that the company has announced it will be launching its very own phone. While it won’t bring anything revolutionary in terms of hardware, the new Amazon phone is said to be designed to allow “integration between Amazon’s Appstore, Amazon MP3, Amazon Cloud Player and Kindle books”.
3. The Xbox 720
We haven’t heard much about Xbox for a while, so it was about time the company came up with something new. The Xbox 720 should be available this summer or autumn and it will bring gaming to a new level with 8GB of RAM, a quad-core processor, Blu-ray support, 3D gaming and a new device that lets you work with augmented reality glasses. The device will also include a feature that lets you record from live TV.
2. Apple iTV
Here’s a field that Apple hasn’t entered yet: television. This is about to change starting October 2013, when the new Apple iTV will be launched. The list of features this new device will include is still a secret, but rumor has it Siri and iSight will be added to enable voice and face recognition.
1. IPhone 5S
Apple fans are already used to seeing each phone get an “S” update, right before the company moves on to a newer model. It is said that the new IPhone S will be launched in June 2013, along with features like super HD display and camera, improved battery life and near field communication.
With all the technology available starting this year and the research that scientists are currently doing, the future looks very promising. Technology is evolving and the many mobile devices available to us today are making sure that digital sollutions become part of our day-to-day lives.
Hotels, restaurants and caffés are chosing wirelss technologies in order to allow patrons to stay connected at high speeds. PurePages is investing in exactly these types of sollutions, which aim to improve the quality of services offered in hotels.