The new Blackberry Z10
This latest smartphone brings a whole new platform, BlackBerry 10. Even for the most dexterous smartphone users, the new Z10 can turn out to be quite a challenge, as Blackberry 10 brings mobile technology to a new level. One that is quite sophisticated, as you’ll find out.
It will probably take you a while to figure out all the features that this new OS has to offer, so we decided to help you out with a few shortcuts. So here’s what the new Blackberry Z10 can do:
1. You can take a Screenshot by pressing the top and bottom volume buttons at the same time. Can’t find the images? Go to the Pictures app in the Camera roll.
2. When loading a video from your phone or from the web, it will play even after you’ve started a new application. You won’t see it, but you’ll still hear it and this might seem a bit odd. You can stop the video by tapping the button found between the volume control buttons. Pressing the volume buttons actually opens up a controller that lets you stop, forward or reverse the video.
3. If you need to start Adobe Flash, just go to Settings>Display and Actions in your browser.
4. Besides adjusting the loudness of the songs you’re playing, the volume buttons can be used to skip tracks as well. You can enable this feature by going to Settings>System Volume, where you need to turn on Music Shortcuts. After you’ve done this, just hold down the up or down volume buttons to skip songs.
5. The default search engine on the new Blackberry 10 is Bing, but the smartphone lets you switch to Google or Yahoo if you prefer these instead. Make a new search at the bottom of your browser, in the URL field. A drop-down menu will appear in the top right-hand corner, allowing you to choose a different search engine.
6. Turn on Time Shift to make sure you get the perfect picture, by selecting it from the Options button in the top right corner of the Camera. When you enable this feature, your camera will shoot a few frames before and after you click the shutter button.
7. The new Blackberry Protect service helps you locate your smartphone on a map. It also lets you send messages, sound an alarm or wipe it from the Protect BlackBerry website. Turn this feature on from the Settings menu.
Technology is evolving and the many mobile devices available to us today are making sure that digital sollutions become part of our day-to-day lives. This is why Pure Pages is dedicated to offering voice and Internet sollutions that hotels, restaurants and caffés can benefit from.